Saturday, February 25, 2017

#6

Lightning has struck a tree and made it fall on to my apartment building. It's a huge tree- an oak tree that has been there for nearly two hundred years I hear someone say. People on the left side of the building have been evacuated, including myself. It's looking like the problem won't be solved anytime soon. "Where will we go?" I say as I look down at sweet, sweet Cornjulio.

The only person who lives even remotely close to me is my sister. Damnit. I've been doing everything possible to avoid her. She's just overly emotional and she makes me feel unsafe sometimes.

But I do the only thing I can do. I call her. She picks up after the second ring, enthusiastic to see my name on caller ID. "Yesss?" She says. "Could Cornjulio and I stay with you for the next few nights? A tree has fallen onto our apartment building, and we just..."

"You absolutely can! We are going to have so much fun!"

Well, at least I'll have a place to stay. I see her pulling up into the parking lot to pick us up. Then I see a flash. Cornjulio and I are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment